My Swiss Insurnace

All documents regarding the insurances in English


Quick answers (within 12 hours)


Service via mail. Everything can be contracted with email


Expatriate expert since 2002

Building Insurance

Damage to your property due to a natural calamity or man-made disaster can have severe financial consequences. This is where building insurance comes into a play. A mandatory insurance for all building owners, this insurance protects you in case of damage or destruction to your property. While you may opt for basic bulding insurance, an extensive cover is suggested for comprehensive protection.

Who Should Avail Building Insurance

  • residential property Residential Property Owners
  • commercial property Commercial Property Owners
  • vacation home Holiday Home Owners

Financial Security for Building Owners

Rebuilding your properties, even partially is highly cost intensive. So, whether you are the owner of a residential building, a commercial one or a holiday home, it is critical that you get the necessary building insurance in place to deal with unforeseen incidents. Here’s the components that you need to keep in mind!

  • medical-icon
    Basic Cover

    This protects your buildings in case of damage or destruction caused by fire, smoke or water. In case of natural disasters such as rain or snow, this type of building insurance covers the cost of any exterior or interior
    damages. Some comprehensive covers may also protect you against loss of rent, cost of living or other components up to a level.

  • dental-icon
    Supplementary Cover

    While this is not mandatory, it is strongly advised to add some supplementary cover for incidents like breakage of glass, earthquakes, volcanic eruption or any repairs needed to handle burst pipes etc.

Get in touch with one of our experts to know more about getting a comprehensive building insurance plan today. We can help you decide on the best plan for your requirements. In case you have an existing policy or quote, please upload the same and we’ll help you in understanding it better and probably give you a better offer!

Ask an Expert

Other Insurances that You'll Need While Living in Switzerland


Insurance Type: Non-Mandatory


Pension Plan and Investment

Insurance Type: Non-Mandatory


Check out insurance covers that you'll need if you have just arrived in Switzerland or planing a longer stay.

Customer Speak

Here’s what our customers have to say about us.

Thank you for your interest in My Swiss Insurance!

Our experts will review your requirement and get back to you within the next 2 working days. In case, you have further questions or would like to talk to our experts, please feel free to get in touch with us at